Exitround Founders Roundtable With Josh Felser and Justin Kan [Video]
Exitround recently held an event with speakers Justin Kan and Josh Felser at 500 Startups in San Francisco. The two speakers, who are successful investors and entrepreneurs, talked about what it takes to build and to sell a successful company.
Josh Felser, cofounder, Freestyle Capital; cofounder, Spinner, Grouper.
Justin Kan, partner, Y Combinator; cofounder, Twitch, Justin.tv.
– How Justin and Josh built successful startups.
– How to assess and explore strategic options for your company.
– How to manage your team’s expectations and public perceptions during this time.
– How to work with your investors regarding M&A opportunities.
– How to get to know corp dev execs and other acquirers in your sector.
– What to know in negotiations for a deal process.
– How to know if an acquirer is a good fit for your company.
– What to know about deal structures.
Josh Felser is cofounder at seed stage firm Freestyle Capital. He cofounded Spinner and Grouper, which were acquired by AOL Time Warner and Sony for $320 million and $65 million respectively.
Justin Kan is a partner at Y Combinator. He previously cofounded companies including Twitch, Justin.tv, Exec and SocialCam. Twitch was recently acquired by Amazon.com for $970 million.